More than half of bachelor’s degree recipients graduate with debt averaging more than $20,000. College costs have skyrocketed over the past decade, rising faster than the overall rate of inflation. According to the College Board, the average annual cost of a four-year public college, including tuition, fees, and room and board now runs $17,131. The [...]
Tag Archives | Student financial aid
photo credit: nniknak Many financial experts believe the best time to introduce children to college planning is when they are in the sixth, seventh or eighth grade. Being part of the college planning process can be very educational for children, as it presents them with valuable financial lessons for the future. Children can earn money, [...]
photo credit: Fields of View Don’t use retirement funds to pay for college expenses. They are not counted in the federal need analysis formula. As you develop a strategy to increase your financial aid eligibility, you should ask yourself whether using a specific investment strategy is consistent with your ethical values as well as your [...]
About PPS Advisors
The PPS Advisors Team is led by Larry Passaretti, Managing Director. Larry has over 25 years of financial investment planning experience.
Have a Financial Question?
- 138th Kentucky Derby and PPS Advisors May 3, 2012
- Build your Financial Reputation Today! August 31, 2012
- When Mom Starts Needing You June 23, 2012
- Misconceptions About Estate Planning – Part 2 May 17, 2013
- Misconceptions About Estate Planning: Part 1 May 10, 2013
- Six Retirement Planning Tips for Those Over Age 50 April 5, 2013